Nourishing sweet potatoes, the sweet notes of apple, and the smoky finish of Smoked Redmond Real Salt Apple Pecan create a perfect fall and winter soup dish. Warm up with every spoonful!
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 2 medium-sized sweet potatoes, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 celery stocks, chopped
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 tsp. Smoked Redmond Real Salt Apple Pecan, divided
- 1 apple, peeled and chopped
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme, chopped
- 2 tsp. curry powder
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth or bone broth (try Redmond Heritage Farms Chicken Bone Broth if you live in Utah)
- 1/2 cup of heavy cream (may substitute broth)
- Candied pecans for garnish
- In a medium pot, add butter, sweet potatoes, carrots, celery, and onion. Season with 1 tsp. Smoked Redmond Real Salt, or to taste.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 8-10 minutes.
- Add apple and garlic and cook another 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add 1 tsp. Smoked Real Salt, thyme, curry powder, and chicken broth.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 30-35 minutes until vegetables are tender.
- Remove from heat and add the cream.
- Puree with an immersion blender or food processor.
- Serve garnished with candied pecans.