Poached Egg Avocado Boats
If you’re looking for a breakfast (or brunch) that’s hearty and delicious without a crazy amount of carbs, these poached egg avocado boats are right up your alley. The avocado and egg combo delivers a generous dose of healthy fats and protein, along with a savory flavor that’ll keep your tastebuds happy and your stomach satisfied. These little breakfast boats are pretty yummy on their own, but adding a sprinkle of Smoked Real Salt as a finishing touch sets this dish apart from the sea of average egg options.
- 1 avocado
- 1 lime wedge
- 2 eggs
- ½ teaspoon Smoked Real Salt
- ¼ jalapeno
- 3-4 cherry tomatoes
- Fresh cilantro (for garnish)
- Cut one avocado in half and remove the pit.
- Use a spoon to scoop a small well where the pit was.
- Squeeze 1 lime wedge onto the avocado halves.
- Season the avocado with Smoked Real Salt.
- On the stovetop, bring a pot of water to a boil and poach two eggs. (Here are instructions for poaching eggs if you’ve never done it before.)
- Place one egg in the well of each avocado half.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro, diced jalapeno, diced tomato, and Smoked Real Salt.