Want to take basic BLTs to the next level? This Grilled Salmon BLT is filled with a delicious combination of ingredients that easily make it one of my favorite elevated BLT recipes. It combines the smoky flavor of grilled lemon pepper salmon with the timeless appeal of a classic BLT to create a seriously tasty sandwich. So, fire up the grill and get ready to discover an irresistible take on an old standby.
For the Sandwich:
- 1 lemon
- 1 salmon fillet
- 2- 3 strips of bacon
- 3-4 pickle slices
- 2-4 tsp. Real Salt Organic Lemon Pepper
- 1 bun (Try Redmond Heritage Farm Store’s House Made Buns if you live in Utah!)
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 tomato
- 2 pieces of lettuce
For the Dill Lemon Mayo:
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. chopped dill
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. Real Salt Organic Lemon Pepper
- Preheat your grill or heat a pan over medium-high heat.
- Squeeze the juice of half a lemon over the salmon fillet.
- Liberally season both sides of the salmon fillet with lemon pepper (approximately 2-4 teaspoons depending on the size of your fillet and how much flavor you like).
- Drizzle a little olive oil on the hot pan or grill, then place the seasoned salmon fillet on it.
- Cook for about 4-5 minutes per side or until the salmon is cooked to your desired level of doneness. The cooking time may vary depending on the thickness of the fillet.
- While the salmon is cooking, prepare the dill lemon mayo. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, chopped dill, lemon juice, and Real Salt Organic Lemon Pepper. Mix well to incorporate all the ingredients.
- Toast both sides of the bun until they’re golden brown.
- Spread the dill lemon mayo on both sides of the toasted bun.
- Layer the ingredients on the bottom half of the bun in the following order: lettuce, tomato slices, crispy bacon, and the cooked salmon fillet.
- Top with a few pickle slices.
- Squeeze fresh lemon juice over the salmon.
- Place the top half of the bun on the sandwich and enjoy!
Check out our Instagram Reel to see Chef Shawn in action!