When it comes to grilling, most people immediately think of burgers, steaks, and skewered vegetables … not carrots. But it’s high time we changed that! Grilling carrots brings out their natural sweetness and gives them a delightful smoky flavor. Pairing them with seasoned ricotta cheese and vibrant pesto creates a mouthwatering combination that will make you want to reach for a bag of carrots every time you fire up the grill!
- 4 tsp. olive oil
- 3-4 tsp. pesto
- 1 tsp. Real Salt Organic Garlic Pepper
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 4 large carrots
- 1 lemon
- Parmesan cheese (for garnish)
- Pine nuts (for garnish)
- Preheat the grill to medium heat.
- Drizzle two teaspoons of olive oil over the carrots and place them on the grill. Cook for 7-8 minutes, rotating the carrots occasionally to ensure even cooking and to achieve a nice color on all sides.
- While the carrots are grilling, sprinkle Real Salt Organic Garlic Pepper over them evenly to add flavor.
- In a small bowl, combine the ricotta cheese with the other two teaspoons of olive oil, lemon juice from half the lemon, and a half teaspoon of Real Salt Organic Garlic Pepper. Mix well.
- Create a bed of seasoned ricotta cheese in the center of the plate.
- Remove the carrots from the grill once they’re cooked to your desired tenderness and have a nice char. Transfer the carrots to the bed of seasoned ricotta cheese, gently pressing them into the cheese.
- Spoon 3-4 teaspoons of pesto over the carrots and around the plate, distributing it evenly.
- Garnish the dish with pine nuts and grated parmesan cheese.
- Squeeze a little bit of fresh lemon juice over the carrots to enhance the flavors.