Looking for a delicious dessert that satisfies your sweet tooth but is still pretty healthy? Grilled apricots with ice cream could be your new go-to. Apricots are rich in vitamins A, C, and E, and they’re chock-full of healthy antioxidants. Ice cream isn’t exactly a health food….but everything in moderation, right? If you’re really trying to keep things clean, you could always substitute the ice cream for Greek yogurt. Either way, the combination of smoky, sweet, and salty flavors in this recipe will leave your taste buds singing.
- 2 apricots
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Cherry Redmond Smoked Real Salt
- 1/2 Tablespoon of butter
- 2 scoops of vanilla ice cream
- 2 drizzles of honey
- Half the apricots and remove the pit.
- Drizzle a 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract over the apricots.
- Sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon of ground cinnamon over the apricots.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of Cherry Smoked Real Salt.
- In a heavy pan over medium-high heat, add 1/2 tablespoon of butter.
- Sear the apricots on the flat side until caramelized (about 2 minutes).
- Put the apricots on a plate and add vanilla ice cream on top. Drizzle them with honey, and add a sprinkle of Cherry Smoked Real Salt.