There’s nothing quite like dipping a crunchy tortilla chip or crisp slice of bell pepper in a rich, creamy queso dip. But don’t bother buying a jar of premade queso at the store. It’s so easy to make yourself at home! This homemade queso dip tastes so much better than the store-bought stuff because it’s filled with fresh, savory ingredients, like whole jalapeno, red pepper, onion, and three kinds of cheese. It also includes our new Real Salt Taco Seasoning, a unique blend of organic spices, dehydrated lime, and unrefined Redmond Real Salt. This delicious dip is perfect for family parties, game day, or anytime you’re in the mood for a next-level snack.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup fine-diced yellow onion
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 whole jalapeno seeded and chopped
- 12 oz. cream cheese (cubed)
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded jack cheese
- 1 Tbsp Real Salt Taco Seasoning
- Melt the butter in a medium-sized heavy-duty pan over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and cook until translucent, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add bell pepper and jalapeno, and cook until soft.
- Add taco seasoning, cream cheese, and heavy cream, and stir continuously until all of the cream cheese is no longer clumpy and the mixture looks smooth.
- Add the cheddar and jack cheese, and continue to stir until the dip has thickened.
- Serve with chips or veggies to dip.