Ready to indulge in some good old-fashioned BBQ comfort food? We’ve got you covered. This recipe is a healthier (but still delicious) take on BBQ chicken tenders. It includes buttermilk, which helps tenderize the meat before you fry it, so it's perfectly juicy. It also includes Frank’s RedHot for a spicy kick and our new Red Rock BBQ Seasoning for a delicious, sugar-free tang that’ll make these tenders disappear faster than you can fry them!
- 2 chicken breasts (cut into 4 to 5 strips each)
- 1 Tbsp Real Salt Red Rock BBQ Seasoning
- 1 Tbsp Frank’s RedHot
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 tsp Real Salt Kosher Salt
- Organic Flour
- Coconut Oil
- Place the chicken strips in a plastic bag or bowl. Add Red Rock BBQ Seasoning, Kosher Real Salt, Frank’s RedHot, and buttermilk. Mix well and store in the fridge overnight (or at least for a few hours).
- When ready to cook, heat coconut oil in a cast iron or sturdy pot. You will need to use enough oil to cover the tenders, at least 2-3 inches deep.
- Put the flour in a bowl. Remove chicken tenders from the bag and dredge in the flour one at a time. Let sit for 10 minutes before frying.
- Make sure the oil is hot, about 325° Fahrenheit. Cook chicken until the internal temp is 165° Fahrenheit about 7-8 minutes.
- Tenders should be golden brown. Remove from oil and let rest on a paper towel until you are finished cooking. Serve with spicy ranch or your favorite BBQ sauce.