Is Unflavored Re-Lyte Right for You?
Article at a Glance:
- Unflavored Re-Lyte has some unique features that set it apart from our flavored Re-Lyte varieties.
- Unlike flavored Re-Lyte, Unflavored Re-Lyte is calorie-free and doesn’t contain stevia, natural flavors, citric acid, coconut water powder, or calcium.
- Unflavored Re-Lyte doesn’t contain any flavoring agents but that doesn’t mean it’s flavorless—it has a strong salty flavor thanks to the Real Salt it contains.
- Drinking Unflavored Re-Lyte isn’t the same as adding Real Salt to water, because it also contains the electrolytes potassium and magnesium.
- There are lots of delicious ways to drink your Unflavored Re-Lyte, like in your coffee, mixed with your favorite juice, in a tasty smoothie, in healthy hot cocoa, or with fresh-squeezed lemon and lime juice.
Unflavored Re-Lyte has a solid base of passionate fans— and for good reason! It’s a unique hydration mix that’s perfect for some people. How do you know if it’s right for you?
First, you need to understand what makes Unflavored Re-Lyte different from our flavored Re-Lyte varieties and one-of-a-kind in the world of hydration mixes. Then, it should be pretty easy to tell whether you’re the next Unflavored Re-Lyte superfan.
Let’s take a deep dive into all things Unflavored Re-Lyte.
What’s the Difference Between Flavored and Unflavored Re-Lyte?
Unflavored and flavored Re-Lyte both contain a healthy blend of essential electrolytes, including sodium and chloride from our unrefined, ancient sea salt, Real Salt. But there are important differences between the two. Here’s what sets Unflavored Re-Lyte apart from the flavored varieties:
#1- It doesn’t contain stevia or natural flavors. Flavored Re-Lyte contains stevia to give it a mild hint of sweetness and natural flavors extracted from fruit. Unflavored doesn’t contain either of these ingredients, and this is why some people prefer it. We know there are folks out there who don’t like the taste of stevia or have stevia intolerances. We also know there are people who prefer to avoid natural flavors. If you fall into either of these camps, Unflavored Re-Lyte is a good choice for you.
#2- It’s unflavored (but not flavorless). We don’t add any flavoring agents to Unflavored Re-Lyte, but that doesn’t mean it’s flavorless. Since it contains Real Salt, Unflavored Re-Lyte has a very salty flavor. Some people love it, some people grow to love it, and other people don’t like it. If you have strong feelings about salty flavors, just keep that in mind before trying it.
#3- It doesn’t contain calories, citric acid, coconut water powder, or calcium. We wanted to keep Unflavored Re-Lyte as fasting-friendly as possible, so we chose not to add a few of the ingredients that are in our flavored varieties of Re-Lyte: citric acid, coconut water powder, and calcium lactate. All three of these ingredients contain calories, so by leaving them out, we kept Unflavored Re-Lyte calorie-free and perfect for people who want to stay hydrated while they fast.
How Is Unflavored Re-Lyte Different From Other Hydration Mixes?
All of our Re-Lyte products are unique in the hydration mix world for a few reasons. First, they contain Real Salt, our unrefined, ancient sea salt.
Many hydration mixes use processed table salt that’s stripped of healthy minerals. We leave Real Salt in its natural state, with 60+ trace minerals that support your body.
There are also a lot of hydration mixes that don’t contain enough sodium to restore what you lose through sweat. Thanks to the Real Salt in Re-Lyte, it’s able to replenish the sodium your body needs to feel and function well.
Some hydration mixes include sugar, artificial sweeteners, or artificial flavors. We don’t add any sweeteners or flavors to Unflavored Re-Lyte, which makes it a great choice for people who want to hydrate without calories, blood sugar spikes, or artificial ingredients.
How Is Unflavored Re-Lyte Different From Adding Real Salt to Water?
Real Salt is an important ingredient and source of electrolytes in Unflavored Re-Lyte. But we add essential electrolytes from other sources as well. Unflavored Re-Lyte also contains potassium citrate and a 50/50 blend of magnesium malate and magnesium glycinate. If you want to replenish more than just your sodium and chloride levels, we recommend choosing Unflavored Re-Lyte rather than only adding Real Salt to a glass of water.
Creative Ways to Drink Your Unflavored Re-Lyte
If you love the fact that Unflavored Re-Lyte contains no calories and fewer ingredients than our flavored varieties, but you’d prefer to add a splash of flavor to this salty blend, we have good news. There are plenty of simple and delicious ways to jazz up your unflavored Re-Lyte. Here are a few of our favorites:
- Make a DIY lemon-lime electrolyte cocktail by adding fresh lemon and lime juice. You can even add a hint of honey or another sweetener if you’d like.
- Add it to a delicious smoothie. Here’s our favorite recipe.
- Make a healthy, hydrating hot cocoa like this one.
- Add it to a cup of coffee.
- Mix it in your favorite juice.
Flavored or Unflavored?
Hopefully, now you have a better idea of whether Unflavored Re-Lyte is right for you. If you’re still on the fence, feel free to reach out with questions or try our Re-Lyte Variety Pack, so you can put our flavored and Unflavored Re-Lyte varieties to the test.