Bacon and Chive Cheesy Orzo
If you like cheesy pasta goodness, you’ll love this comfort food delight. Just a few simple ingredients and you have what may become a highly requested family favorite.
- 1 1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream
- 1 Tbsp of butter
- 2 cups of shredded Gruyere cheese
- 1/2 tsp of brown nutmeg
- 1 tsp of Real Salt Organic Garlic Pepper
- 2 cups of cooked Orzo pasta
- 1/2 cup of chopped bacon (about 3-4 strips of cooked bacon)
- 1 Tbsp of chopped chives
Pour the whipping cream into a pan and bring it to a simmer over medium heat. Whisk in the butter, then add the Gruyere cheese and whisk until thick. Whisk in the nutmeg and Real Salt organic garlic pepper.
Stir in the cooked Orzo. Stir in most of the chopped bacon and chives, reserving some for garnish.
Put in serving bowls and garnish with the reserved chives and bacon.